Manos Amigas builds bridges of understanding and community support,
uniting Kansas City, Missouri and Anapra, Mexico for a better tomorrow.
• Sponsoring education for students from primary through college.
• Building life-long relationships between sponsors and students.
• Improving physical health through screenings and seminars.
• Supporting an annual Vacation Bible School.
• Encouraging individual growth and a strong community through service opportunities for children and adults.
• Honoring the elderly by meeting basic needs and providing companionship.
• Learning and educating others about the realities of life at the US/Mexico border.
Families in Need
Elderly and Medical Needs
Building bridges of support
There are many hours of work needed to support Manos Amigas. Some volunteers choose to travel to Anapra to work and visit with the families we serve. Others help with administrative tasks, collecting school supplies, translating letters, planning VBS crafts, and numerous other tasks.