Manos Amigas KC builds bridges of understanding, solidarity, and community across the US/Mexico border for a better tomorrow.
Manos Amigas KC is a core group of volunteers in Anapra/Poleo and Kansas City listening to the needs of the community and gathering resources and support.
• Sponsoring education for students from primary through college.
• Building life-long relationships between sponsors and students.
• Improving physical health through education and emergency medical assistance.
• Supporting an annual Vacation Bible School.
• Encouraging individual growth and a strong community through service opportunities for children and adults.
• Honoring the elderly by meeting basic needs and providing companionship.
• Learning and educating others about the realities of life at the US/Mexico border.
• Providing a place to build community
Families in Need
Elderly and Medical Needs
Building bridges of support
There are many hours of work needed to support Manos Amigas. Some volunteers choose to travel to Anapra to work and visit with the families we serve. Others help with administrative tasks, collecting school supplies, translating letters, planning VBS crafts, and numerous other tasks.